Friday 21 October 2011

Stash Busting Beadalong Progress 1.

Gosh that week has gone so quickly! I hope you have all been enjoying the earring reveals, I know I have, such gorgeous work and more to come!

I am happy to have some great progress to report and also a new goal from Gloria! Check out the pictures below.

Gloria is joining this week and this what she has to say about her goal - I was lucky enough to get a place on a Laura McCabe workshop held in Scotland during September. The workshop that I attended was for Laura's Treasure Necklace. This is a really special necklace made up of 9 beaded lockets - each of which open up to reveal a small box. Techniques include herringbone and peyote stitch with embellishment. I didn't get much done during the workshop - I was enjoying the company too much!! The OTTBS progress blog has given me all the inspiration I need to actually finish this piece - thanks!


Catherine - Here is the first week's progress on Laura McCabe's Stargazer bracelet. I have a full time job and a son of 13 so bead time can be a bit sporadic. I'll often go for a 'quick fix project' so I have a finished item fairly quickly, but component based projects like these are also good! Where I usually stall is in the 'joining up and finishing', so I may need more encouragement there!


Sarah - I furiously beaded last weekend while watching Strictly Come Dancing and X Factor and was surprised by how much progress I made. I have completed most of the focal, this weekend I will make the Pagoda embellishments and the focal will be complete. I have made a few adjustments to the colour way as I go along, but I am pretty happy with it so far.


Jo - Not much beading time but stage 1 is complete! 4 sparkly bezelled rivolis. The next step is to bezel the points which is something new for me so will try and get that done this week!


Check back with us next week!

Happy beading,

Sarahx

No comments: