Wednesday 1 June 2011

June Moodboard

Welcome to the June moodboard! Trying to decide which colour scheme to choose this month I started thinking about the start of summer and what we'd all really like to see at this time of year - clear blue skies in the day and twinkling silver stars at night! With this in mind I've put together a mosaic of images using blue and silver.

You can use any shades of blue from turquoise and navy to teal and cobalt and you can include the silver as beads or as the findings in your piece - or both - the choice is yours!

As well as colours there are also shapes, textures and materials to inspire you...swirls, circles, dots, metal, buttons and wood.

Clockwise from top-left: otro "joven indie", blue eyeshadow with dotted eyeliner by m.a.c. and coastal scents, Blue [Friday], Silver & Metal Buttons & 1 Silver Finding

Submitting is easy! You can either email your photographs to me at thecrimsonmoon7@gmail.com or you can add them to our Flickr group pool. If you have a website, blog or an online shop that you'd like us to link to your name then please include it with your submission.

What can you make? Anything as long as it's made with beads! Any technique is accepted, from beadweaving and stringing to wire work and bead embroidery. Lampworkers and polymer clay artists are also welcome to submit pieces they've made.

We're happy for you to make something using a pattern from a book, magazine or tutorial but if you do please let us know the designer's name and where it was published, including a link if available, so that we can give full credit.

The deadline for entries is 6pm (GMT) on Thursday June 30th and as usual a prize will be awarded at random to one of our lucky entrants! Sarah is providing the prize this month and it's a kit to make a pair of these fantastic Crysanthemum earrings (although the actual kit will be in a different colour)...



So have yourself a wonderful June and don't be blue...unless it's with beads!

8 comments:

Mrs Cake said...

yummmmmmmmy - I'm working on something that uses black cord, would that be allowed? as it will fit in with this challenge perfectly otherwise :) xx

Anonymous said...

Yes of course! Looking forward to seeing what you make :)

Kitty Ballistic said...

Oooh, you read my mind, I was reading the May challenge post yesterday and hoping the next one would feature blue. Right, this time I *will* get organised.


Maybe. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I love blue and silver together! I was planning on doing something in these colors for myself, so this gives me an excuse. :-)

And Sarah's earrings are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Ohh, gorgeous choices Liz! I ran out of time for the Moodboard again but really hope to join back in with this one! Silver and blue are part of the new clay colours I got for my birthday, yay!:-)

Can't wait to see what everyone else makes!:-D

Unknown said...

those are gorgeous colours! I am not a beader but i do love things made avec beads! infact I may have a few tubes of beads around my house. I love to find new crafty blogs ^_^ Always inspires me to create something new!


Claire

http://www.hearthandmade.co.uk

Anonymous said...

this is a great idea - my latest creative inspiration has been to clean up my desk - I make jewelry as I go! I have a lot to work with - I'm very messy.

Unknown said...

Blue and silver! Great choice. Will try and take part but June is set to be a busy month for me.
Gemxxx
ps Love the eye makeup and fancy having a go on my eyes!